Monday, July 28, 2008

Really Tired

Soomin and Darren came to my house yesterday. They tried to help me solve some problems.
I think I realized why I have so little friends. If theres a problem I can't solve, nobody can help me because I'm the greatest problem solver within the radius. And friends are just eager helpers. Ahh how I wish I had a girlfriend who would support me blindy, like those cute cute innocent anime kinds XD..

Only when you understand why people commit suicide, then you will understand me. After all, is life worth hell?

On a brighter note, Kenneth and Ahma came to my house today. Nicole, my primary one cousin came too. Many people say she's stupid and all, like really slow in learning stuff. But i discovered that that was totally untrue la. Before Tian's tutorial she could only add two numbers together where the sum did not exceed twenty caused she used her fingers. But once i taught her the common addition algorithm she could add like up to 99 la. And i only spent like 20 minutes. I seriously must say she's quite a genius. And I'm not kidding la, even after one hour she still keep saying she wants to do more sums.

Then I learnt from Ahma that even at home, she often brings a book around but nobody bothers to teach her.. even her own parents. Fucking nabe chibye la! I mean if your child is like damm stupid damm hard to teach then maybe its understandable that you dun want to teach. But she's so smart lor. I bet anyone would find it a joy to teach her! Dammit man. If shes my daughter, can do calculus already!

Okay la must do some maths from time to time sorry.

I'll try not to write out the steps and just explain them verbally la..

Using Euler's formula we can obtain a expression that relates the tangent inverse function and the natural logarithm. Using the the infinite series from inverse tangent and then doing some algebra we can get an infinite series for lnx. After that it is not difficult to show that this series converges for all x. The series is,for all x > 0. I think its quite cool considering that the lnx has no taylor series about zero. (maclaurin series if you like). And like i discovered it on my own! Yay!

Okay la but I'm sure someone beat me to it. Damn i hate maths.

No comments: