Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mathematics suck

I'll say that I'm not a smart person, no matter what others might think. My adequacy in Mathematics comes only from the fact that I've been lucky enough to get interested in it. I used to believe that Mathematics, being the supreme form of knowledge and truth, can answer all problems, but now i know that is not true. As i dwelve deeper into Mathematical insanity, I discover that this is not a garden of eden with the nightingale and flowers, but the land of the blind, where the one-eyed-man is king.

I did not used to be like this, thinking, calculating before I did anything. But was led onto this path in part by logical reasoning, and in part by the game of billiards. It has ruined my life, making me the lifeless person that I am now. Sacrifices must always be made, to learn such an arcane and sacred skill requires you to give up some of your humanity.

Is it true that Mathematicians always die young? Or that they seldom get attached? I write this post to remind myself to separate from the erroneous belief that Mathematics will be all I need, because unlike the Pythagorean motto, not "everything is number".

No comments: